Wednesday, July 07, 2021

FINAL FURIOUS SHOW

HERE is my final show.  I upload this bitter sweet show knowing this is my last time sharing my radical radio work at WCOM, but I doubt this is the end of Furious George.  I hit on several of my favorite songs I've played over the past 23 years as a radio dj, while I recount how we got to where we are and who helped us get here.  I also throw in some climate change agit-prop from Mark Fiore (who's been a major influence on this show for years).   Here's the song list:  Lizzo's instrumental Truth Hurts,  Young Fathers' Get Up;  Umi by Mos Def; Boots' Wear Clean Draws; Kendrick's Alright; Bill Withers: Lovely day; Land of the Loops' Multifamily ; Madame Gandhi's radical ecofeminist "Top Knot Turn Up"; Childish Gambino's America; Flying Lotus's Breathe; Run the Jewels Oh La La; Beastie Boys' Alive and we end with the Joker Theme Song.

And, here are some links to some article's that explain my microradio history, starting with Free Radio Asheville and into WCOM. (Steal This Airwave Free Radio Asheville Low Power Radio;  Indy Weekly: Low-Power AheadLittle Raleigh Radio wants to be the Triangle's latest addition to the FM dial)  

For all my shows, see Furiousg.blogspot.com 

I want to thank the A-Info's Radio Project for being an irreplaceable source for microradio DJ's like myself.     Also, a shout out to the WCOM excom and programming committees who keep stations like WCOM up and running. 

Keep up the good fight!  

Yours Furiously,

Dr. Andrew "Furious" George

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter